A party of six thoroughly impressed by the Hummus Club.
- It's a great place to go provided that you don't hate hummus and chickpea related foods.
- We trusted the waiter to choose foods for us, which means I really don't know what we ate.
- There were plenty of garlicky hummusy stuff, with a healthy complement of well-textured breads and delicious cooked meats.
- The desserts were a real highlight. the shaved ice / turkish delight with smokey bacon fruit (yeah, that's what my notes say, I have nfi what it was) is perhaps the best dessert I've had all year.
- The other dessert, the 'chocolate orange spongey donuts', were also good, but no alternative to the smokey bacon turkish delight ice meal (??).
- As a general comment, the waiter's choices were brilliant and there was oodles of food for the table.
- We had drinks. No real comment.
- Service was delightful. Very friendly, always available when you needed it.
- Big ticks, without doing anything inspired or original.
- When we went it wasn't too packed, but some nights we've walked by and it's standing room only.
We had an awesome time and want to go back. Rose Gold wanted me to notice that 'she really enjoyed this whole experience'.
8.5 smokey bacon fruits out of 10