Some short notes on Perth Food Blog's recent radio silence:
- Food blogging stopped being fun.
- After a little while, I started feeling the pressure to post a new review every week or every so-often, which made the whole thing feel like a job.
- A few people let me know that the earlier reviews were better than my later reviews. I agreed with them and felt that I should stop writing them if they were going to look half arsed.
- I've thought about it some more and realised that this thing is whatever I want it to be, and I would rather post some things whenever I can be bothered, rather than giving up altogether.
- I like the bullet point format posts, but rather than feeling like I need to come up with bullet points to fit within each set category I think I will find it easier to only note something if I have something / can remember something worth noting.
- Most people just look at the pictures anyways.
- I'm going to stop writing in the 'royal we'. Aside from the Irish Hawk, who has very generously contributed the Doughnut Diaries series, the writing here has all been mine. I may as well just write in the first person. No-one is buying my faux-collective.
- I hear Instagram lets you run two accounts from your phone now. That's cool.
Hope you've all been well.