Madam Rabbit, the Artist Formerly Known as Pregbot, Mr Macaron and the Prince of Margs hit up the Old Laundry for a sunny late lunch. Would recommend.
- Sirloin w/ cashew, pesto and carrot - A delicious choice. Shortly afterwards I tried to replicate the meal by smearing the cashew pesto dip you can buy at your local IGA over some much cheaper slab of meat. Shockingly, it wasn't nearly as good. The Old Laundry kitchen has skills.
- Moroccan Salad - a surprisingly satisfying vegetarian choice. Good flavours, and didn't leave us wanting more.
- Squid - Well cooked and tasty, but perhaps a little bare on the plate. It's not cheap when you order squid, and for a slice of lemon and three pieces of broccoli to go with some quinoa, that squid has a lot to live up to. It didn't quite make it.
- Chips - always order the chips.
- We sat outside and it was lovely.
- The chairs could be better and will leave you feeling a little bit uncomfortable if you're staying for anything more than a coffee.
- Inside is very open and perhaps even a little bit unfurnished. We couldn't find a table inside when we got there even though it didn't feel busy at all - they just didn't have many tables. I'm wondering if the place turns into a small bar vibe at night, which would make tables get in the way of people standing together swiping through Tinder?
Good. Would recommend. A casual vibe with some impressive food and nice enough service. Be wary though, it's charging fancy prices but has gone for a deliberately non-fancy feel, which means you might get a bit of a surprise when it's time to pay the bill. Twosomes and small groups will have a nice time here.
7 IGA pesto and cashew dips out of 10