A party of six thoroughly impressed by the Hummus Club.Read More
A review split over two visits to the Deja Vu restaurant in Northbridge. One to the rooftop restaurant and one to the Tapas Restaurant. Both trips identified nice drinks, average-to-poor food and decent service.Read More
Party of eight at the grown-up winery, Aravina EstateRead More
Two walk-ins during the busy Fringe Festival. We should have kept walking.Read More
Two walk-ins alongside a beautiful sunset at Kailis Trigg Beach.Read More
6 blokes at a somewhat impromptu tour through one of Perth's fine dining destinations, Rockpool Bar & Grill.Read More
Again celebrating Madam Rabbit's birthday, Madam Rabbit, the Walking Inheritance and I fancy-pants it up at Matilda Bay Restaurant.Read More
For Madam Rabbit's birthday the regular crew went to check out the new Comet Pizza on William Street.Read More
Madam Rabbit and I check out the Old Crow, recently taken over by new owners.Read More
A while ago the Architect's Daughter and I had lunch at Pete Evans' paleo restaurant, Heirloom, in East Perth. Notes and pictures within.Read More
A year ago, Madam Rabbit and the Walking Inheritance returned to Gusto for another go. It was equally delicious. With such a long time since eating and without any notes, however, I won't have any comments but I may as well post the photos.Read More
You may have noticed there hasn't been a lot of activity on Perth Food Blog lately. It's no big deal, just life got busy and while there was time for eating, there wasn't a lot of time for food blogging.
Last week I met up with a friend who we shall label Wild-in-Bali, and her recently-one-year-old daughter, who we shall label Princess C. We visited Sayers Sister in North Perth. It was only once I sat down and saw the menu I realised I had actually been to Sayers Sister 11 months earlier and was ready to do a review of the place when other life stuff got busy.
So this is a strange write up where I look back over notes of Sayers Sister circa January 2016 and contrast them to Sayers Sister circa November 2016.Read More
Checking out the Queens hotel brunch menu. Then regretting it.Read More
BWG Steakhouse (i.e. Blue Water Grill) at night.Read More
Madam Rabbit, the Amazonian, the Walking Inheritance and I visit Theo and Co Pizzeria in East South Park (aka. Vic Park) before heading to see Wicked at Crown. How was it? Well it was pizza, so it was awesome, but for pizza, it was just ok.Read More
Madam Rabbit, Ms. Grey and I braved the queues at the Mary Street Bakery on a Sunday morning for brunch. Was it worth the hype?Read More
Madam Rabbit, the Artist Formerly Known as Pregbot, Mr Macaron and the Prince of Margs hit up the Old Laundry for a sunny late lunch. Would recommend.Read More
Some short notes on Perth Food Blog's recent radio silence:
- Food blogging stopped being fun.
- After a little while, I started feeling the pressure to post a new review every week or every so-often, which made the whole thing feel like a job.
- A few people let me know that the earlier reviews were better than my later reviews. I agreed with them and felt that I should stop writing them if they were going to look half arsed.
- I've thought about it some more and realised that this thing is whatever I want it to be, and I would rather post some things whenever I can be bothered, rather than giving up altogether.
- I like the bullet point format posts, but rather than feeling like I need to come up with bullet points to fit within each set category I think I will find it easier to only note something if I have something / can remember something worth noting.
- Most people just look at the pictures anyways.
- I'm going to stop writing in the 'royal we'. Aside from the Irish Hawk, who has very generously contributed the Doughnut Diaries series, the writing here has all been mine. I may as well just write in the first person. No-one is buying my faux-collective.
- I hear Instagram lets you run two accounts from your phone now. That's cool.
Hope you've all been well.
Dinner on a Monday night at one of the original 'fancy pubs', the Brisbane on Brisbane Street.Read More
The Face on Mars is bad, and left us sad (face) (on Mars).Read More